2020 Interior Design Trends
Neutral Colour and Wood
A new year means a fresh start and a perfect time to revamp your home in 2020!
In 2019, many people opted for an eco-friendly interior design and this trend is showing no signs of slowing down as we head into 2020.
Our top three trends hitting the interior design world this 2020
- Creating a calm, comfy and chilled out space to relax in are key interiors goals this coming year.
- Using key colours for bright decoration
- Wood being the main trend for materials, complemented with lots of vegetation -- bringing a slice of nature into your home.
If you're looking for inspiration to bring these trends into your space in 2020 and beyond, read our guide below.
1. The Future is Neutral
- Neutral colours will be in once again this upcoming year. Neutrals come in pretty classic and serene shades, and most importantly, they're not super busy.
- Don't underestimate the power of neutral decor either; the new neutrals are warming, as we look to create a calm yet uplifting space to retreat from the outside world.
- We're primarily looking at embracing warmer shades of grey and beige; from oatmeal and natural buff as the perfect base colours to build upon.
- Flooring can play a key role in creating a sophisticated, calming and luxurious environment when combined this year's bolder, vibrant colours.
Eaton Square Products
The Amalfi & Mulberry Collection are used by top-end designers in luxurious settings. The sumptuous quality and clean appearance lend itself perfectly in creating a warm, calm and uplifting environment for this year's trend.
Both collections come in a range of neutral colours and bespoke custom-made rugs to accommodate any look and feel you're trying to create.
Helping to make your home a safe, inviting space to rest and regenerate.
2. Make Your Home Pop
- Geometric patterns have been a trend for years now, but 2020 is all about geometric balance.
- The theme is to make a statement with bold and vibrant patterns but sticking with more classic or contemporary designs and choosing an area of your home where you can make a bold statement.
- Likewise, bold patterns and punchy colours are coming into the forefront in 2020 and lend a more playful approach to interior styling.
- This trend allows you to be more confident with colours, even with combinations. Key bolder colours are royal blue or ruby, mixed with warmer tones of ochre, rose and burnished copper, brushed brass and bronze.
- For those who don't wish to be too daring, the emphasis on natural and organic colours remains at the roots of this trend. Muted pink, baby blue and neo-mint green are tipped as on-trend accents for 2020.
- This organic colour palette can be complemented by washed teals and mossy greens, that are easy to work into a relaxed, neutral scheme.
Eaton Square Products
To help create a statement piece with a splash of colour, our range of designer hand-tufted and hand-knotted rugs which are available in an unlimited array of styles and designs. Varying in size, shape, colour, pattern and fabric!
Our custom-made service allows you to define the personality of your space, without compromising your idea. We give you the control to create a personalised piece of art in the finish and grade of fabric that you desire.
3. Home-Grown by Mother Nature
- Homeowners are increasingly using flooring to set the tone and feel of their home. A theme that's set to grow in 2020 is to give a house a comfortable look that is inspired by nature. With this in mind, many are turning to wooden flooring as the main material to compliment this trend.
- Consumers are becoming more eco-conscious and seeking greener options for creating their space. The demand for more environmentally friendly wooden flooring options is on the rise.
- A popular style in the last few years has been wooden flooring, leaning towards the lighter end of the spectrum, and the lights are due to grow in popularity and moving towards more extreme, white-washed, beachy looks, but giving a more contemporary, organic and sophisticated feel.
- A style once reserved for entryways, the Herringbone craze has spread to the whole home, especially among homeowners who love a traditional or opulent look.
- Where light wood is the star and popular trend, in 2020 dark tones will grow in popularity for those looking to give the house a greater sense of elegance and a touch of luxury.
Eaton Square Products
Herringbone Parquet is having a renaissance at the moment. The classic decorative pattern is timeless and offers a visually rich look with a dynamic texture to complement the interior design of any building.
Our bespoke collection of Herringbone parquet flooring provides a bold statement that works equally well in period properties, or with a modern minimalist look.
This stunning oak floor is available in a wide range of colours, with several finish options that truly capture the beauty of the space.
Lastly, those seeking imitation wood, The New Lorenzo Collection is the perfect alternative. It's environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable and looks just like real wood with the added benefit of being impact & stain resistant, and completely waterproof.
The Lorenzo Collection comes in 6 contemporary colours, along with a 10-year warranty as standard.
A beautiful mixture of sustainable materials, bold colours and nature-inspired flooring make for an inspiring 2020 in interior design. If you're looking for inspiration, contact one of our sales team today and we can provide you with lots of wonderful recommendations and samples tailored to your space in picking your next luxury flooring